Welcome to the Archives! Here you will find a list of every single post I’ve written so far. Feel free to have a look around and pick anything that takes your fancy.
Thanks for reading! And to get all future posts, simply subscribe in the sidebar.
- Saving a Little Early is Better than Saving a Lot Later
- Smartshares Exchange Traded Funds: Understanding the Unit Price
- November Update 2020: Journey to Financial Freedom update
- The Inertia In your Life, And how it can affect your finances.
- InvestNow’s Flexible KiwiSaver Scheme Review
- DIY Investment Services in NZ. What’s the difference between them?
- September Update 2020: Journey to Financial Freedom update
- Kernel Wealth Review- What You Need To Know
- Longheld Myths About The Share Market
- Do You Have A Vision For Your Retirement?
- How Much Time Do You Waste- And How Much Is It Worth?
- Should You Pay Down the Mortgage Early or Invest Instead?
- Are Bonus Bonds Any Better than Lotto?
- Lotto- The Odds Are Against You!
- Filing My Foreign Investment Fund Tax Return
- Where Should You Invest Your Hard Earned Money?
- The Intimidating Aspects of Money- Budgeting and Raises
- The Risk in Not Quitting: Opportunity and Sunk Costs
- DIY Investing in Funds and Shares in New Zealand: Popular Investment Platforms for Kiwis
- Get Your Personal Finances Sorted in Five Stages
- AMP NZ Share index fund vs SmartShares NZ Top 50: Fee Update
- Should You Invest in an Electric Bike?
- NZX50 Past Percentage Returns table
- What is the NZX50?
- May 2020: Journey to Financial Freedom update
- April 2020: Journey to Financial Freedom update
- Can You Tell Me, Should I be Investing?
- How to Invest in iShares Index Funds by Blackrock while Living in NZ
- My Favourite Kiwi Money and Personal Finance Podcasts
- A lesson Learnt: Emergency Funds and Risk Tolerance
- March 2020: Journey to Financial Freedom update
- Is Your Credit Score Important In New Zealand
- Past Viral Outbreaks And The Share Markets Reaction
- Creating An InvestNow Portfolio: Let’s Get Things Started
- 10 Steps Needed To Achieve Financial Independence In NZ
- What Does The Typical NZ Investor Look Like?
- NZ Funds: More Funds Does Not Necessarily Mean More Diversification
- Is The “No Spending Day Challenge” A Thing?
- Investing In Rental Properties: A Sure Thing
- January 2020: Journey To Financial Freedom Update
- Net Worth- How Do You Calculate It? And Is It Worth Tracking?
- Dave Ramsey’s Investing Advice
- Vanguard Through InvestNow Or Hatch: Which Is Cheaper?
- End Of Year Wrap Up And Personal Finance Checklist
- Are We Evolutionary Hard-Wired To Consume?
- Do Fees Really Matter When It Comes To Investing?
- November 2019: Journey to Financial Freedom update
- How to Invest in Vanguard’s Index Funds while Living in New Zealand
- Financial Advisers: Do you need one and how can they help you?
- What is AfterPay? and should you use it?
- How to Get the Most out of your Travel Money
- How to Get Rich by Driving a Cheap Car
- How Long Does It Take To Switch Your KiwiSaver
- Tracking Your Share Investments with Sharesight
- Are We Overdue for Another Recession?
- The Cost Of Housing: to Rent, or to Buy- Regional Data
- Parkable: Make Some Extra Money Renting out Your Extra Parking Spaces
- September 2019: Journey to Financial Freedom update
- How To Save Money on Your Car Insurance in NZ
- Anyspace: Make Some Extra Money Renting out Your Extra Space
- Hatch- How Kiwis can get Access to the US Share Market
- August 2019: Journey to Financial Freedom update
- Juno vs. Simplicity vs. Superlife Kiwisaver Funds
- The Value of Education- Net Worth and Income Statistics
- What are you Actually Investing in? Vanguard, NZX50, and S&P500
- Active Investing with Passively Managed Funds
- July 2019 Journey to Financial Freedom update
- Investing Won’t Make You Rich
- Lessons Learned After One Year of Investing
- Investing in Vanguard Fund and the New Zealand Tax Implications
- June 2019 Journey to Financial Freedom update
- Can You Grow Wealth on an Average Salary?
- Debt Elimination Plan: Snowball or Avalanche
- The Downsides of Kiwisaver- What You Need to Know
- May 2019 Journey to Financial Freedom update
- Simple Money-Saving Tips for Everyday Kiwis
- What’s the Difference between Income and Wealth
- Passive Income NZ turns One!
- Compound Interest: Make it work for you!
- April 2019 Journey to Financial Freedom update
- Are you living, or Just Existing?
- The Tax Working Group and the Current New Zealand Tax System
- March 2019 Journey to Financial Freedom update
- Managing a Debt Problem
- The Cost of Your 2-ton, Dinosaur Exploding, Transportation Machine
- Income and Wealth of the Average New Zealander: How do you compare?
- February 2019 Journey to Financial Freedom update
- The Shockingly Simple Maths – Simulations
- The Shockingly Simple Maths – Anecdotal Evidence
- The Inner Workings of a Mortgage- What you weren’t Taught at School
- What to do in a Falling Market?
- January 2019 Journey to Financial Freedom update
- Get Rid of Your Debt ASAP!
- Will You Be Happier If You Work Till You Die?
- My $1000+ Money Mistake
- November 2018 Spending and Investment Report
- KiwiSaver Myths, Busting the Big Misconceptions
- Calculating some FIRE numbers
- Can Higher Taxes Generate Lower Government Revenue?
- The Cost of Holding a Job
- Why Do We Fantasize About The End of the World?
- October 2018 Spending and Investment Report
- Why do we FIRE
- Higher Fees Equal Higher Returns? Anecdotal Evidence
- Are We Drowning in Mortgage and Consumer Debt?
- Stress is a Chronic Disease
- Why You Should Consider Re-balancing Your Investments
- The Time I Nearly Impulse Purchased a TV
- 9 Mistakes to avoid when getting a mortgage
- September 2018 Spending and Investment Report
- Saving Tips and Tricks
- Are my Food expenses Normal?
- What’s Wrong with KiwiSaver?
- My Ultimate Spending Vice
- Investing Tips and Trips
- What Driving Tractors Taught Me
- Investing and Saving Attitudes in New Zealand
- Do Fees Really Matter when it comes to Investing?
- August 2018 Spending and Investment Report
- The Power of Incrementalism
- What Is Your Largest Everyday Expense?
- Minimising Your largest Expense- Food
- Peer to Peer Lending in NZ- What’s it all about?
- The Most Efficient Use Of Your Money
- How Sound is Your Financial Lifestyle?
- What If You Were The Worst Investor Ever
- The amount of consumer debt advertising in NZ is Shocking
- July’s Spending and Investment Report
- Astonishingly Easy Approach to Achieve 100% ROI
- Does Investing Make You Anxious
- We Paid $52K in Debt Last Year
- Home Renovations- How You Can Save Money
- 9 Money Rules that Guarantee Success
- Why Some People Think I’m Crazy
- Is Your Loyalty Worth $5000?
- June’s Spending and Investment Report
- The Most Expensive Year of Your Life
- You Don’t Have to be Loyal to Your Bank
- Investing In The Share Market
- What I Learned From My Parents Has Shaped my Life
- 4 Steps to Early Retirement Through Passive Income
- Passive Income Report: May 2018
- Spending Report: May 2018
- Why I Chose to Sell my House Privately
- Do you know where you stand?
- Passive Income Report: April 2018
- Spending Report: April 2018